Why is it in news?
- Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, and External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar will have an important round of discussion.
- Russian Foreign Minister is on a visit to India.
- Lavrov will be accompanied by Moscow’s Special Envoy on Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov.
- Zamir Kabulov is expected to brief the Indian side about the Russian plans regarding the difficult peace process under way in Afghanistan.
- Russia held a summit on Afghanistan on March 18 where India was not invited.
- Lavrov had visited China in March where both countries put up a joint front against the United States.
- India, on the other hand, has called upon China to withdraw from the remaining friction points along the LAC.
Source: The Hindu.