Another batch of Rafale jets soon
Why is it in news?
- India will receive another 8 to 9 Rafale jets from France by mid-May.
- The new arrival would complete the first squadron of the fighters in the Indian Air Force (IAF), which currently has 14 jets.
- The IAF is all set to operationalise the second Rafale squadron at Hasimara in West Bengal later this month.
- Last September, the IAF inducted the batch of five Rafales.
- Total 36 Rafales contracted from France under a €7.87 billion Inter-Governmental Agreement signed in September 2016 with 13 India Specific Enhancements (ISE).
Source: The Hindu.