Move health to Concurrent list: N.K. Singh
Why is it in news?
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission Chairman N.K. Singh said that 'Health' should be shifted to the Concurrent list under the Constitution.
- 'Health' is currently a 'State List' subject.
- K.Singh also said that the developmental finance institution (DFI) dedicated to healthcare investments should be set up.
More from N.K.Singh:
- Government spending on health should be enhanced to 2.5% of GDP by 2025.
- Primary healthcare should be a fundamental commitment of all States in particular and should be allocated at least two-thirds of such spending.
- Bringing health into the Concurrent list would give the Centre greater flexibility to enact regulatory changes.
Source: The Hindu.