|TEST NO. ||DATE||SYLLABUS|
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present significant events, personalities, issues.
The Freedom Struggle - its various stages and important contributors or contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc. - their forms and effect on the society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women's organization,
- population and associated issues,
- poverty and developmental issues,
- urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world's physical geography.
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc.,
- geographical features and their location - changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
- Geography of India
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries.
- Parliament and State Legislatures - structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People's Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
- Indian Polity: Current issues
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector or Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability,
- e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential;
- citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India's interests.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India's interests,
- Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
|9||16/12/2018 Sun||Revision Test|
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- Current Affairs
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country,
- different types of irrigation and irrigation systems
- storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices;
- Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security;
- Technology missions;
- economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Current Affairs
- Security + Disaster management + S & T + Ecology
- Science and Technology - developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology;
- indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
|13||20/01/2019 Sun||Revision test|
|14||03/02/2019 Sun||Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude + Case Studies on above issues.|
|15||17/02/2019 Sun||Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude + Case Studies on above issues.|
20/06/2019||No tests in this period.|
|16||21-06-2019 Friday||G.S. PAPER- I FULL SYLLABUS|
|17||22/06/2019 Saturday||G.S. PAPER- II FULL SYLLABUS|
|18||23-06- 2019 Sunday||G.S. PAPER- III FULL SYLLABUS|
Monday ||G.S. PAPER- IV FULL SYLLABUS|
|20||29/06/2019 Sat||G.S. PAPER- I FULL SYLLABUS|
|21||29/06/2019 Sat||G.S. PAPER- II FULL SYLLABUS|
|22||30/06/2019 Sun||G.S. PAPER- III FULL SYLLABUS|
|23||30/06/2019 Sun||G.S. PAPER- IV FULL SYLLABUS|