Russia calls for inclusive solution to Afghan crisis
Why is it in news?
- Russian Foreign Minister, who is on a visit to India, called for a solution to the Afghan civil war.
- The Russian Minister held bilateral discussions with his Indian counterpart Dr. S. Jaishankar.
More from Russian side:
- Solution to Afghan civil war should balance the ethnic and religious groups of Afghanistan and no group should be left out of the final settlement.
- The Taliban movement is a part of Afghan society.
- Decision on the settlement in Afghanistan should foresee the participation of all political, ethnic and religious groups in the country.
- Otherwise, the solution will not be stable.
- This decision has to be based on balance of ethnic, political and religious interests, including in the legislative bodies.
From Indian side:
- There is a need to harmonise the interests of various stakeholders that are active in and around Afghanistan.
- For India, what happens in Afghanistan impacts our security directly.
Source: The Hindu.