India- Australia Space Cooperation
Why is it in News?
- The ISRO and space agency of Australia were working together to host Indian tracking facilities in Australia temporarily.
- It is intended to deepen cooperation in civil space activities.
- Activities include earth observation and data analytics, robotics, and space life sciences.
- This would support India’s planned human space flight programme.
- GaganYaan mission:
(1) Mission will be operated by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
(2) It is human space flight mission by 2022.
- India-Australia MoU, 2012:
(1) It is related to space cooperation.
(2) It was to deepen support data calibration and laser raging for Indian satellites, launching Australian satellites, and conducting joint research.