CIL-NLC JV to spend ₹12,000 crore on solar:
- According to some sources, Coal India Ltd. (CIL) and NLC India will jointly develop solar power assets of 3,000 MW with a likely investment of about ₹12,000 crore.
- Both CIL and NLC are state run companies.
More in the news:
- CIL and NLC said they would form a Joint Venture (JV) to develop 5,000 MW of solar and thermal power assets across the country.
- A solar JV is already in process of formation with an initial capital of ₹10 lakh.
- The government plans to impose 20% basic customs duty duty on imported solar panels to boost the domestic industry.
- Solar developers have been largely dependent on Chinese equipment.
- The thermal power project will be taken up by a separate JV after due diligence.