Rare syndrome linked to COVID-19 found in USA kids and adolescents
Why is it in news?
- Life threatening Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) found in 300 USA kids and Adolescents
More on News
(1) Symptoms are similar to symptoms with toxic shock and Kawasaki disease
(2) Symptoms include fever, rashes, swollen glands and, in severe cases, heart inflammation.
(3) Trend is emerging of the syndrome occurring two to four weeks after infection by the coronavirus
(4) It is not clear why MIS-C develops in some children and adolescents and not in others.