Japan’s approval for Sun Pharma’s drug
Why is it in news?
- Japan’s health ministry gave approval to Sun Pharma’s drug ‘ILUMYA (tildrakizumab)’ on plaque psoriasis
More on News
- Plaque psoriasis
(1) Psoriasis is a skin disease. It comes in several forms, but plaque psoriasis is the most common.
(2) Plaques are elevated red patches covered with a whitish buildup of dead skins cells called scale
(3) They usually show up on your elbows, knees, scalp, and lower back, but you can have them anywhere. Plaques often itch or hurt.
(4) It's considered an autoimmune disease.
(5) it means that faster growth of new cells as immune system attacks healthy cells. These new cells create elevated patches.
(6) Psoriasis isn't contagious. It can't be spread by touch or other close contact.